Denver Construction Mediation Attorney
Finding a Solution with a Denver Construction Mediation Attorney
Are you a construction professional facing a conflict or dispute? The construction industry is riddled with complexities, so having the best legal counsel is critical. If you need representation from a Denver construction mediation attorney, look no further than the nationally trusted Cotney name.
Prevent Legal Issues From the Start
As any construction professional knows, contracts are an essential part of any project. Since beginning a new project requires significant financial planning, our firm offers fixed pricing to better serve our clients. A skilled Denver construction mediation lawyer can draft the proper dispute resolution clause into your contract, ensuring that your project starts off on solid legal ground.
What Conflicts Can Be Settled Through Mediation?
Mediation is one of the most commonly used forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). It is typically the least acrimonious method of dispute resolution and is informal, cost-effective, and efficient.
In the event of a mediation, the two disputing parties bring in a neutral third party to help guide them to a non-binding, mutually beneficial outcome. Mediation is most helpful in non-adversarial conflicts and can preserve the disputing parties’ healthy working relationship.
That said, sometimes mediation is simply not enough. If that is the case, your Denver construction mediation lawyer may advise moving on to an arbitration (the other frequently used form of ADR) or litigation.
The Mediation Process
One of the benefits associated with the mediation process is the fact that it is far shorter than litigation or arbitration. Though there is no precise protocol for the mediation process, the following steps provide a good idea of what to expect:
- Opening comments and rules are presented by the mediator
- Each party will have the chance to present their side of the story
- The mediator will start a mutual discussion between the parties, engaging them with potential ideas for working out the issue
- The mediator will bring together the two parties to negotiate
- In the event that the negotiation is successful, the new agreement will be documented
- The mediator will ask the two parties to consult with their respective Denver construction mediation attorneys
- Pending the attorneys’ agreement, both parties sign
- If the negotiation is not successful, the mediator will advise parties of their rights going forward
- Your Denver construction mediation lawyer may advise arbitration or litigation
Work With Highly Skilled Denver Construction Mediation Lawyers
Our firm’s mission is to defend and advocate for construction professionals, and our attorneys have over 100 years of combined construction law experience.
If you are in need of a professional construction law firm, please submit our contact request form for more information.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.