Call or Email to Request a Consulation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christie Coston joined Cotney in 2018. Christie’s practice areas include construction defect litigation, lien and bond law, contract review and drafting, OSHA defense, contractor licensing defense, and building code violation defense.
Christie is a Florida native. Born and raised in Tampa, she has strong ties to the community. Her introduction to the construction and roofing industry began at an early age, with her father working in roofing distribution for over thirty years. In addition, her brother has experience working in roofing distribution and as a contractor for over ten years.
Prior to joining Cotney, Christie held a few choice legal positions where she gained invaluable experience. Having spent time in the mortgage industry, she then utilized her skills to become one of the top trial witnesses’ for a large financial institution. From there she went on the intern for both the Debt Relief Clinic at her law school, as well as the state attorney’s office for Hillsborough County. Christie continues to use her passion for the law and her skills to best serve Cotney and its clients.
- Cotney, August 2018 – September 2018, Graduate Law Clerk, September 2018 – Present, Associate Attorney
- State Attorney’s Office 13th Judicial Circuit, 2018, Legal Intern
- WMU Cooley Debt Relief Clinic, 2017, Legal Intern
- National Women in Roofing, Tampa Council Board Member, 2019
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- The State of Florida
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Construction Law, 2021-2022
- WMU Cooley Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.S.