Call or Email to Request a Consulation:
Diane Morton joined Cotney Attorneys & Consultants in 2021 as Of Counsel. Diane has practiced law in Florida for over 37 years, with much of her experience in the public and private sector with a background in Labor Law, Crisis Management, and Public and Private Boards. Diane was General Counsel and CHRO of the publicly held community bank C1 Bank until their sale to a regional institution. She was also formally an Assistant State Attorney and General Counsel to law enforcement and fire service. She taught as a full-time professor of Criminal Procedure, Forensic Evidence, and Trial Advocacy at Stetson University College.
- Bank OZK, Executive Vice President, 2020 - 2021
- Diane Morton-Consultant, CEO, 2016 - Present
- C1 Financial, General Counsel and Chief Human Capital Officer, 2015 - 2016
- St. Petersburg Opera Company—Board of Trustees, Governance Chair.
- American Stage-Board of Trustees of professional regional theater, Sponsor and Producer of numerous productions.
- City of St. Petersburg International Relations Commission—Homestay parent for numerous Japanese students as part of cultural exchange program, Delegate to Takamatsu, Japan diplomatic mission representing City of St. Petersburg.
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee- Elected Chair by peers to preside over Ethics complaints against attorneys, Special Assignments from the Bar regarding high profile investigations.
- University of South Florida Alumni Association—Board of Directors, Served during the interview process and transition to new University president.
- Palladium Theater-Inaugural Board of Trustees converting a church to a performing arts space.
- Great Exploration Children’s Museum-Board of Trustees and Treasurer, pro bono General Counsel for oversight of legal issues as well as litigation, management of outside counsel.
- Labor & Employment
- 2019 Association of Corporate Counsel “Community Champion Award” Tampa Bay Business Journal
- WEDU Be More Award 2019-Arts and Culture Organization
- 2017 Studio @620 Community Champion Award
- 2015 Featured Counsel - National Corporate Counsel Newsletter (ACC)
- 2007 Bank of America “Neighborhood Hero Award”
- Freshman Moot Court-Best Oral Advocate (Book Award)
- Victor Wehle Trial Practice Award (Faculty Award)
- Cecil Bailey Award-Most Promising Graduate (Female) (Faculty Award)
- Stetson Law Review –Associate Editor
- Stetson Trial Team-Statewide and Southeastern Regional Competition
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A