Lee Tomlinson joined Cotney in 2019. His practice areas include payment disputes, lien and bond claims, construction contract review and drafting, contract disputes and construction defect litigation.
A native Floridian from Winter Haven, Florida, Lee grew up working various agriculture-related jobs, from unloading watermelon trucks in the summer, to helping his grandfather tend to the irrigation in his citrus grove, to helping his father mark up blueprints as part of his work as an engineer for a large Florida orange juice producer.
Prior to attending law school, Lee worked for a national business to business rental company where he managed a fleet of commercial trucks and drivers delivering construction offices and storage containers to jobsites throughout the State of Florida. During law school, Lee interned with the White Collar/Elderly Abuse Division of the State Attorney’s Office in Bradenton, Florida before beginning a clerkship with a law office in St. Petersburg where he gained valuable experience in the construction law field.
- Cotney, Tampa, FL, September 2019 – Present, Associate Attorney
- Jones Law Group, St. Petersburg, FL, 2015, Law Clerk, 2016 – 2019, Associate Attorney
- Office of the State Attorney, 12th Judicial Circuit, Bradenton, FL, 2015, Intern
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- The State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Construction Law – Litigation, 2021-2022
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.S.