Michelle D. Reid
Michelle Reid joined Cotney’s Nashville office in 2021 and has over ten years’ litigation experience in a broad range of subject areas including contract and payment disputes, employment disputes, non-compete and non-solicitation agreement disputes, product liability defense, personal injury defense and workers’ compensation defense. In addition to her litigation experience, Michelle has served in the corporate sector as in-house counsel and Director of Risk Management. Further, Michelle was a paralegal prior to attending law school and amassed more than a decade of legal experience before licensure, amounting to a combined twenty years in the legal field.
Michelle earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Argosy University, graduating Summa Cum Laude. Michelle attended law school at Nashville School of Law where she earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree. During her enrollment at Nashville School of Law, Michelle also worked full-time as a paralegal. Michelle was a recipient of the Trustee and Faculty Scholarship during her entire tenure at Nashville School of Law.
Michelle has lived in Nashville for more than twenty years and is honored to call it home. In her spare time, Michelle enjoys yoga, rock climbing, and Nashville’s vibrant music scene.
- Howard Tate Sowell Wilson Leathers & Johnson, PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2015 – 2018
- Diversicare Healthcare Services. Inc., In-House Counsel; Director Risk Management, 2012 – 2014
- Sole Practitioner, Attorney, 2011-2012
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Argosy University, B.A., Summa Cum Laude
- Nashville School of Law, J.D.