Ryan K. Markham
Hawaii, Colorado, & Minnesotarmarkham@cotneycl.com
Licensed to practice in Colorado, Hawaii, and Minnesota, Ryan Markham is an attorney based in our Denver office, practicing in the area of Construction Law. He started his legal career with Chee Markham & Feldman in Honolulu, where he represented owner/developers, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, design professionals, insurers, and sureties. Ryan has extensive experience in delay claims, mechanic’s and materialman’s liens, bond claims, defects, bid protests, as well as contract review, contract negotiations, and OSHA defense.
Ryan was born in Boulder, Colorado, and raised in Kailua, Hawaii. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Economics from Colorado College and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Hawaii William S. Richardson School of Law. While in law school, he served as President and Co-Founder of the Federalist Society student chapter, Treasurer of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity, and received a CALI excellence for the future award for Criminal Law.
After law school, Ryan served as Special Assistant to the Director of the State of Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations where he also handled Public Information Officer and Legislative Coordinator duties. Ryan then served as Operations Manager/Administrator for the Hawaii Occupational Safety & Health Administration (HIOSH), before working for Nordic PCL Construction, Inc.
- The Holt Group, Attorney, 2020
- Chee Markham and Feldman, Attorney, 2014 – 2019
- Nordic PCL Construction, Inc., HSE Coordinator, 2011 – 2014
- Hawaii Occupational Safety and Health, (HIOSH), Administrator, 2010 – 2011
- State of Hawaii Dept. of Labor & Industrial Relations (DLIR), Public Information Officer/Special Assistant to the Director, 2008 – 2010
- Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, Law Clerk, 2007
- Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing, Law Clerk, 2006
- The Honorable Judge R. Mark Browning, Law Clerk, 2005
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Labor & Employment
- State of Colorado
- State of Hawaii
- State of Minnesota
- University of Hawaii William S. Richardson School of Law, J.D.
- The Colorado College, B.A