St. Louis, MO
Senator Steven Roberts, a fourth-generation St. Louisan, began his law career as in-house counsel to a private equity company, where he was a member of a team of attorneys who managed over 100 million dollars of company assets. Responsibilities included drafting contracts, reviewing title, survey and due diligence documentation, negotiating complex commercial agreements as well as facilitating closing and funding.
He felt a call to serve his community and returned to St. Louis to take a job as a prosecutor for the city of St. Louis. In this role, he honed his skills in the courtroom and prosecuted over a hundred cases from weapons offenses to homicides. His experience as a trial attorney inspired him to start a career in public service and to affect change on a statewide level. Roberts was elected to the Missouri State Senate in 2020 and selected by his colleagues as the Democratic Whip for the Minority Party.
- Missouri State, January 2021 – Present, Senator
- Roberts Law, LLC, St. Louis, MO, December 2020 – Present, Managing Partner
- Air National Guard, January 2018 – Present, Second Lieutenant
- The Roberts Companies, St. Louis, MO, November 2015 – Present, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives and General Counsel
- Missouri House of Representatives, January 2017 - January 2021, State Representative
- Panelist for ‘Legislative Update: 2021 Session Forecast’ hosted by the Missouri Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (MoBarCLE) Friday, January 15, 2021; St. Louis, Missouri
- Panelist for Continuing Legal Education ‘Legislative Roundtable with the Missouri Black Caucus’ hosted by the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL) March 6, 2020; Missouri Athletic Club
- Delivered keynote address at Lincoln University as part of ‘A Dream Fulfilled: Presidential Lecture Series’ February 19, 2020; Jefferson City, Missouri
- Jack and Jill of America Inc. keynote speaker ‘Importance of Voting and Representation’ November 4, 2017; Vaughn Cultural Center, St. Louis, Missouri
- World Conference of Mayors ‘Championing Young Black Males in Leadership’ October 24, 2017; MGM Grand Hotel, Detroit, Michigan
- Missouri Bar Association Annual Conference CLE Panelist ‘2017 Legislative Update’ September 15, 2017; Kansas City, Missouri
- St. Louis Page Park Y Service Club International of the Monsanto Family YMCA keynote speaker for ‘7th Annual Founder’s Day Awards Program’ December 18, 2015
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Missouri Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Miami, B.S.