Sarasota OSHA Defense Attorney
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is met with fear from many in the construction industry, but with an understanding of the inspection process and the steps to take if a citation is received, you should have no reason to worry or panic when an OSHA compliance safety and health officer shows up at your facility or job site. This readiness begins with a professional relationship with someone who understands OSHA’s procedures from a legal standpoint, because even with preparedness, accidents can happen and and you may need an OSHA defense attorney in Sarasota to represent your firm.
At Cotney Attorneys & Consultants, we have a significant amount of knowledge regarding the OSHA inspection and citation process, and even lecture as a State Accredited Department of Business and Professional Education continuing education provider on legal issues pertaining to OSHA.
OSHA Compliance Standards
The primary expectation of employers is to create a workplace free from hazards that could result in serious injury or death for employees. Creating a safe workplace begins with finding and correcting safety and health problems, providing personal protective equipment when working in dangerous or hazardous work sites, and implementing other initiatives that will minimize risks.
- According to the OSH Act of 1970, employers must:
- Inform employees about hazards through training, labels, alarms, color-coded systems, chemical information sheets and other methods.
- Keep accurate records of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Perform tests in the workplace, such as air sampling required by some OSHA standards.
- Provide hearing exams or other medical tests required by OSHA standards.
- Post OSHA citations, injury and illness data, and the OSHA poster in the workplace where workers will see them.
- Notify OSHA within 8 hours of a workplace incident in which there is a death or when three or more workers go to a hospital.
- Not discriminate or retaliate against a worker for using their rights under the law.
- Trust the Sarasota OSHA Defense Lawyers from Cotney Attorneys & Consultants
Our team of OSHA defense lawyers in Sarasota provide legal representation to professionals serving in all areas of construction, who have been affected by OSHA citations and penalties. We use our expert understanding of the OSHA process to create defense strategies that will avoid costly interruptions to your business operations. We will organize and represent your firm at informal conferences with local OSHA directors, draft and file “Notice of Contest” documents and represent your firm throughout OSHA hearings and subsequent appeals.
If you are in need of a professional construction law firm, please contact us today.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.