Employment Law

Tampa Business Immigration Attorney featured image

Tampa Business Immigration Attorney

If you have made the business decision to hire foreign workers, it’s a great idea to work with a Tampa business immigration lawyer at Cotney Attorneys & Consultants. Our team of immigration experts understand the law and can help you make the proper decisions when hiring foreign nationals. From green cards to temporary visas to compliance, we work with your human resources team to make sure that your employees have the correct visa for their role and that the proper documentation is in place.

What Does a Tampa Business Immigration Lawyer Do?

While there are millions of non-U.S. citizens that can make a tremendous contribution to your company, the process is detailed. Missteps in this process can cost you the ability to work with the individual and can have legal ramifications. A Tampa business immigration attorney is well-versed in immigration law and can guide you through this important process. Primarily, they can help you with:

  • Sponsoring an employee visa.
  • Ensuring that employees have the correct permanent or temporary work visa for their role in the company.
  • Ensuring that all I-9 forms and accompanying paperwork is accurate.

Permanent and Temporary Working Visas

One of the most important parts of hiring non-U.S. citizens is ensuring that they have the proper visa for the work that they are performing. Here is a list of a few visa types to consider:

Permanent Employment Visas

  • EB-1: Priority workers – Managers, professors, and people with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.
  • EB-2: Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability.
  • EB-3: Skilled or professional workers. Some unskilled workers may also apply
  • EB-4: Special immigrants, which may include religious workers and overseas employees of the U.S. government.
  • EB-5: Foreign investors.

Temporary Employment Visas

  • E-1: Treaty trader from a country that trades with the U.S.
  • H1B: Specialty occupation, which requires specific degrees and experience.
  • H-2: Temporary worker.
  • L-1: Intra-company transfers.
  • TN Professionals: Individuals in specific professions from Canada and Mexico.

If you would like to speak with an experienced Tampa business immigration lawyer, please contact us at 813.579.3278, or submit our contact request form.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.